Thursday, August 10, 2006

How Hot Is It Where You Are?

It was 106 here today, according to the WC.

109, according to the sign by the kid's Aikido dojo.

Really hot, whichever guide you want to go by. It is now 7.07 p.m. and still too hot in the house -- even wth the a/c running non-stop -- to get any serious work done at all. Which, if you *know* me, means seriously fucking hot.

This makes, I believe now, about twenty-two days in a row in which the temperature has gone over 101 degrees EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I blame Bush.

Because everything is his fault, why else?

2 comments:

zelda1 said...

I had to run to the school and when I got out of the car, the heat took my breath and then I had to walk to Old Main, granted I was in handicapped parking and close, but I felt like I was going to die. Then, as if it couldn't be any worse, I had gas. So, there I was sweating like a hog, grunting with every step, and yes, I farted right there where the work men gathered to look at a pretty young gal walking down the sidewalk and so I said, sorry.

CB said...

You crack me up, zelda! It was a 110 on my backporch yesterday.