Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Um, ick?

Over at Ann's blog

http://althouse.blogspot.com/

She's got this post on "What song do you want played at your funeral?"

Am I the only one who thinks that's a truly whack question?

Because first, ick.

And second, why even have a funeral? Ick. Donate the organs, cremate the rest, have a sandwich, let's move on. Music with this? What's wrong with you people?

As I've previously noted, I am a feral child, so I might be wrong on this one -- but surely we ought to be spending this here life dealing with this here life? Not, well, scripting an event to be maximally certain that people will feel as bad as possible about our deaths, once we're gone?

1 comment:

zelda1 said...

Since all my organs are pretty much fucked, I'll go with, get what you can, give the rest to science or a medical school to play with, and put my skeleton in some huge medical lab where hopefully young men and women, but mostly men, will be feeling my up for the duration of, well, until that skeleton falls apart. Yeah, no service for me. Plus, why?