Sunday, October 04, 2009

Bookshelf Update

Everything is on the shelves -- well! All the shelves we currently have, which still leaves six boxes in the room where we keep the TV and the kid's bins of Legos and blocks.  (She's not quite old enough to give up blocks, and Herr Dr. Delagar and she still go on Lego sprees, frequently.)

I've ordered two bookshelves from Etsy, which do you know about Etsy?  Way cool site I have only just discovered.  I ordered one of these and one which is gone because I must have ordered the last one.  Now I'm waiting for them to arrive, but even when they do, we'll still have (I estimate) four boxes of books stacked along the TV room wall.

We're going to sell some, I think, to a store in town that buys used books; and donate some to the public library; and give some to TOLP's kids; and some to Zelda and Mouse, if they want them, and some to the students at our university.  At the end of this process, I hope, I hope, we will be without books anywhere but on the shelves...oh, yeah, and the six crates in the closet. Um. Erm.  Well.

But you should see how tidy the front room looks!  Plus!  I vacuumed everywhere (except the TV room) yesterday evening.  Not just around things as I have been doing for about six months.

My OCD is so happy.

4 comments:

Karenne S. said...

Don't forget about Paperback Book Swap... but then again, that would leave you with the same amount of books, after the swap. Oh, well...

delagar said...

Yeah, that's been the problem with Paperback Swap. Mind you, it's not a BAD problem. I get rid of books I don't want, and books I DO want show up. But it leaves me with the same # of books on the shelf...

sugaredharpy said...

I love Etsy. Love it. Need more shelves, too..yay!

TOLP said...

Miles and Mic say "YEAH! Clear out those shelves!!"