Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Kameron Hurley Writes About Llamas

This article by Kameron Hurley, over at a Dribble of Ink, is well worth reading.

"We Have Always Fought: Challenging the Women, Cattle, and Slaves Narrative"

You may remember Kameron Hurley from her Bel Dame Apocrypha series, which starts with God's War, a book I taught this semester in my Women's Lit class.  (My students loved it to bits.)

In this essay, she talks, among other things, about internalized misogyny and the erasure of women from the historical (and other) narratives, and the damage that can do.

Give it a read.  It's excellent.

3 comments:

Bardiac said...

A friend of mine linked that essay on effbee, and you're right, it nails it. People should read it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're getting extra copies of the anthology sold from the latest SFWA excrement scandal-- I keep seeing the anthology mentioned in some very excellent rebuttal posts.

delagar said...

Well, that *is* good news!