Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blogoversary! Happy Nine Years!

Nine years ago today, by happy accident, I started this blog: September 15, 2004.

I had just discovered the blogosphere (I don't even think we called it that then) and was actually trying to comment on another blog (The Dark Window, who sadly went truly dark not long afterwards -- I still miss you, Pete) and in trying to register to comment, hit the tab to CREATE A BLOG instead.

Pete encouraged me to keep blogging, on the strength of my comments at his place, and the rest is blogosphere history.

In commemoration of this, my 9th year of blogging, I give you some of my favorite posts so far.

From 2004: Happy Meals and Heroin.

From 2005: Poetry From the delagar household

From 2006: Halloween.

From 2007: Men Made The World.

From 2008: What's That Word Again?

From 2009: (Still my favorite) The Kid Amuses Me

From 2010: Hey! Look!

From 2011: My Book!

From 2012: Rereading L'Engle.

From 2013: Teaching Our Bodies, Ourselves

5 comments:

Bardiac said...

Happy Anniversary! Nine years of blogging is amazing!

nicoleandmaggie said...

Wow! Happy Blogoversary!

J. Otto Pohl said...

My blog is older. I started on 4 August 2004.

J. Otto Pohl said...

So soon you will be rich. Even here a full professor (four promotions and very few make it) pays about $100,000 a year plus the free house and medical. I assume in the US it must be at least double that.

delagar said...

Oh, Otto, would that it were so.

I'm sure somewhere in America full professors make bank. But not in Arkansas. If I make it, I'll get a small (very small) raise, which will be almost enough to edge me into the middle class.

No free house, and they just raised the cost of our health insurance (again).