Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Whining



  • I have to go back to work on Friday -- sort of. It's the pre-school conference day. I don't actually start teaching until Tuesday. 



  • My schedule this semester has me teaching on Tuesdays from 11:00 until 5:00, and then on Thursday from 11:00 until 8:00. MWF are mine for writing and research, except, obviously for committee meetings, student meetings, advising meetings, blar, blar, blar.

  • I'm still sick. How can I still be sick? But I'm still sick. At the moment, the cold had moved into my chest, so that I spend all night waking myself up with violent coughing. Robitussin does NOTHING. Plus I have a fever, which makes me cranky.

  • Trump is still our President-Elect. Every day this astonishes me more. PissGate was a momentary diversion, though watching the Trumpeteers react to it was more fun than the actual faux-scandal itself. Watching Obama's farewell address, by the way, just brought it home more sharply than ever how dreadful a choice Trump is for our next leader.

  • It was, briefly, winter here in the Fort. Now it is summer again. 70 degrees and damp. Curses.

  • I finished all my available TV. I'm watching Man in the High Castle, which is watchable but slow. If you have any excellent SF streaming television to recommend, please recommend. (I have plenty to read, at least.)

  • It's voting season for the Hugo's again. Which means more Puppies. 


5 comments:

Bardiac said...

I had a cold that settled in my chest; I finally went in and they gave me antibiotics, which helped tons. Maybe get checked? Especially if you have a fever.

At any rate, I hope you feel better quickly!

delagar said...


I think I may well have to see a doctor, you're right. :(

Anonymous said...

I had that cold before break as did most of my department. It's AWFUL. It just lingers. One of my colleagues and one of my students got antibiotics, but I'm not sold that it made a difference though they swear it did. (They got antibiotics late enough that it may have been on the wane already.)

delagar said...


I sent Dr. Skull out for more powerful OTC cold meds. We'll see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'll call my doc.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

If you have HBO, Westworld is very worth watching. I'm liking it quite a lot. Very good sci-fi, robot, adventure-ish, conspiracy, etc. story.

Also, sorry that you are sick. I swear, all the people I know are having the hardest time shaking things this winter! Both my in-laws had pneumonia, and now my mother has it! Crazy!! Anyway, take care of yourself. Your schedule for this spring sounds both brutal (wow for those Tues/Thursdays!) and amazing (yay MWF for writing!). I have never had a schedule like that!