Friday, May 05, 2017

End of the Semester


My last day of teaching was yesterday. Next week is exams and grading, plus commencement on Saturday.  This semester went well, I'm pleased to say -- all four of my classes were filled with students interested in doing good work.


Also I was teaching three classes I loved to pieces: English Grammar; the pop lit class that focused on Zombies, Vampires, and the Apocalypse; and of course Fiction Workshop. The other class was Comp II, and while I don't love teaching comp, this was a good set of students.

Meanwhile, I went to see my doctor about my insomnia, which hasn't gone away. Instead of telling me to drink warm milk and get some exercise, which is what all the other doctors I've talked to about it have done, she gave me what she called "some short-term help," which is this little green and orange capsule. Man, do I sleep now.

I don't think I'll be taking them every night, though. They're making me sleep an average of ten to fourteen hours a night. And while the experience of being entirely rested is fantastic, I have to have some time to get actual work done.

(I'm avoiding talking anymore about TrumpCare. Just now, all my hopes are pinned on the Senate doing the right thing. Call your Senators, people. Please.)



No comments: